Berea College 1973-1975 Oral History Project Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection is comprised of twenty nine audio cassette recordings of individual interviews, group discussions, and oral presentations that document various aspects of Berea College and community history.
There are transcripts for the individual interviews and notes in varying degrees of completeness for the other recordings.
The memory time span of the narrators ranges mostly from the 1920s to the early 1970s. The interviews were conducted by various faculty members and students in the class History 206 Fall 1973.
- created: 1973-1975
- Berea College (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Records can be accessed through the Reading Room, Berea College Special Collections and Archives, Hutchins Library, Berea College.
Conditions Governing Use
Transcripts of interviews are unedited transcripts; quotation of materials from transcripts should be corroborated with the original audio recording if possible. All materials should be properly cited.
0.80 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged in series as follows: Series 1: Interview Original Recordings. Series 2: Interview Transcripts, Notes, and Listening Copies.
- Berea College -- History (Organization)
- Weatherford, Willis D. (Willis Duke), -- 1875-1970. (Person)
- Hutchins, Francis S. (Francis Stephenson) -- 1902-1988 (Person)
- Green, Paul -- 1894-1981 -- Wilderness road (Person)
- Council of the Southern Mountains. (Organization)
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note